FARM THE BEST & CREP THE REST
Minnesota CREP Option for Landowners
Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP)
WHAT IS CREP?
- CREP is a voluntary conservation program that combines federal and state programs across prioritized portions of Minnesota.
- CREP combines the popular Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) with a perpetual Reinvest in MN (RIM) easement. Successful landowners who enroll would receive an annual payment from CRP for 14-15 years along with an upfront payment from the RIM program.
- Lands enrolled in CREP are restored and enhanced for conservation benefits, and remain in private ownership.
WHAT IS ELIGIBLE?
- Lands need a cropping history in order to be eligible.
- Existing CRP lands that are in the last year of their contract are eligible to be enrolled.
- The priorities for CREP are to add buffers to our lakes, rivers, streams, or ditches and to restore wetland areas.
Contact the Brown SWCD office at 507-794-2553 to learn more!