Cost Share Funds Available

Cost share funds are currently available to install erosion control and water management practices in Brown County.   Practices can include:  grassed waterways, terraces, water and sediment control basins,  alternative tile intakes, critical area stabilization, sediment retention, erosion or water control structures, diversions, and waste management systems.

Additional funding is available for landowners within the Watonwan River Watershed within Brown County.   Eligible practices for funding include: Grassed Waterway, Water and Sediment Control Basin, Grade Stabilization, Denitrifying Bioreactor, Saturated Buffer, Alternative Tile Intake, Cover Crops, and Storage and Treatment Wetlands.

Cost share for practices can usually pay up to 75% of the total cost of the practice.

For more information, to determine eligibility, or to be placed on the waiting list please contact the Brown SWCD office at 507-794-2553.


Comments are closed.