Programs & Services
- Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP)
- Erosion Control and Water Management State Cost Share Program
- Rain Gauge Program
- Reinvest In Minnesota (RIM) Reserve
- Alternative Tile Intakes
- Tree Program
- Walk-In Access Hunting Program
- Well Monitoring & Water Table Reading Program
- Wetlands Conservation Act (WCA)
- Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) CRP provides technical and financial assistance to eligible farmers and ranchers to address soil, water, and related natural resource concerns on their lands in an environmentally beneficial and cost-effective manner. The program provides assistance to farmers and ranchers in complying with Federal, State, and tribal environmental laws, and encourages environmental enhancement.
- Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) The Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) provides financial and technical assistance to help conserve agricultural lands and wetlands and their related benefits. Under the Agricultural Land Easements component, NRCS helps Indian tribes, state and local governments and non-governmental organizations protect working agricultural lands and limit non-agricultural uses of the land. Under the Wetlands Reserve Easements component, NRCS helps to restore, protect and enhance enrolled wetlands.
- Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) EQIP provides financial and technical assistance to agricultural producers in order to address natural resource concerns and deliver environmental benefits such as improved water and air quality, conserved ground and surface water, reduced soil erosion and sedimentation or improved or created wildlife habitat.
- Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP) The Conservation Stewardship Program helps agricultural producers maintain and improve their existing conservation systems and adopt additional conservation activities to address priority resources concerns. Participants earn CSP payments for conservation performance the higher the performance, the higher the payment.
More Information on Federal Programs:
- 2014 Farmbill
- Contact the Brown County USDA Service Center for more information on Federal Programs:
507-794-4491 USDA Natural Resources Conervation Service (NRCS)
507-794-7997 USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA)